Search for content in message boards

Family of Petersons - cira 1880 - Keokuk Iowa

Replies: 0

Family of Petersons - cira 1880 - Keokuk Iowa

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 2:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather (Per Alford Peterson(Petterson) (Person)) emigrated to Keokuk around 1880. He would be around 19 or 20 years of age. His parents (Petter Johan Johanson)& (Mother (Bengtsdotter) had passed away the year before. He may of may not,have brought his brother (Carl- not sure of his name but he was about 6 years old). To the best of my knowledge he came from around Sandham, Sweden (He told my father once that his small town was mid way between Jonkoping and Falkoping.) In 1955 my father (William James Person) and I travelled to the small town that he came from and put up a tombstone to Per Alford parents.

Grandfather emigrated to Canada around 1893-94 with a family named English (Bill English) to a small town in Southern Ontario

When he became a Canadian citizen (1900????) he said his name was Per Alford Person. He never told anyone in Canada that his name had been Petterson. This fact was uncovered years after his death.

Just wondering if there is any of the family still around. I travelled to Kekouk with my parents (William James Person) in the early 1950's but was to young to remember any of the trip.

Thank you for any help you can be.

Ruth Mildred Person (married name Ruth Mildred Hubbard)

Find a board about a specific topic