Search for content in message boards

Looking for Info on B.D SERGENT, Mayor of Mitchell 1914

Replies: 1

Looking for Info on B.D SERGENT, Mayor of Mitchell 1914

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 12:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Was wondering if the area of McIntire, in 1914 would have any newspapers, and if so if they archived & microfilmed?

I am looking for a death date or obit on Byron Daniel(B.D.)
Sergent(might be spelled Sergeant or Sargent) He was the mayor of McIntire in 1914, the History of McIntire says, and
I am thinking at some point there must be a notice about 1939 about his death. He was my gg grandfather's nephew. His wife Nellie (Helms) Sergent dies in 1940 in Lyle, Mower Co., MN in 1940. It says Byron, her husband died abt a year earlier. They apparently are both buried in Nashua @ Greenwood Cemetery, but I'd still like an obit on him. Do any local libraries hold card catalogs on deaths in the county or a city? I am sure that there must have been some notification of his death in some newspaper, but I can't seem to find it at Nashua in their Old newspapers.

Might someone help me, as I am almost sure if Byron Sergent was the mayor at one time there must be articles on him from the past.

Any help would surely be appreciated. Maybe I can get a librarian to look up the info if I know who to ask, and possible send a donation for their hard work..

Thanks,

Penny Kresl
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PennyKresl1 16 Aug 2010 6:40PM GMT 
PennyKresl1 16 Aug 2010 6:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic