Search for content in message boards

Maria Martha Niespodriana

Replies: 1

Re: Maria Martha Niespodriana

Posted: 1489792625000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Szymkowiak
I am doing genealogy research on my maternal line…one of the names of interest is Szymkowiak from Poland. My 3x great grandmother was Albina Szymkowiak born 22 March 1847 in Prussia. Her father was Franz Szymkowiak. I believe he was born in 1799 in Chodziez, Posen, Poland. I think he also went by Francis or Franciscus Szymkowiak. I do not know who Albina’s mother was but I believe it may be Carolina Boetke/Badke/Bortke. I have also heard that Franz maybe had been married more than once and had children with each marriage though no solid records to prove any of this. To my knowledge Albina had two sisters only - Anna and Helene. I know that Anna did not immigrate to the US but married and her line continued on in Prussia/Germany. Albina and her sister Helene immigrated to Michigan City, Indiana. Albina Szymkowiak married Anton Weisbecker from Germany and Helene Szymkowiak married Frank/Franz Retsack. I spoke to one descendant that is possibly from this line - he is descended from Juliana Szymkowiak who may be a half sister to my Albina? He believes that Franz Szymkowiak is the son of Adam Szymkowiak (b. 1770 Chodziez, Wielkopolskie, Poland; d. 10 Mar 1831 Slomke, Strelitz, Kolmar, Posen, Prussia/Germany) and Regina Rodzinska (b. 1775 Slomki, Chodziez, Poznan, Poland; d. 20 June 1832 Slomki, Chodziez, Poznan, Poland). If this is correct I also have down that Adam and Regina Szymkowiak have other children: Mariam, Annam, Catharina, Dorothea, and Valentinus. I have a German cousin that is descended from Albina’s sister Anna Szymkowiak (married Anton Willhelm Kaatz) - that I am in close contact with - we visited her in Germany over the Christmas Holiday and she has a picture of Franz Szymkowiak in a Prussian Military Uniform. She is very interested in researching this line as well. She lives in Southern Germany. I am from the US but am currently living in England and will be for the next 3-4 years. In any event - just looking to see if I can connect with any living relatives from this line to share info with - I am happy to fill in any blanks on my line as well. Thank You!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brumel2 1018627983000 
suzyollei75 1489792625000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic