P.C. McGannon was born in Jennings County, Indiana, on November 11, 1829. After receiving the best educatin the common schools afforded in his youth, he took a course at the State University, Bloomington, Indiana. In 1852 Mr. McGannon, with others, embarked in the business of manufacturing plows and other implements, and erected a factory at Vernon, the firm being known as Butler, McGannon & Co. He continued in this business until 1858, when, with his father-in-law, E.P. Hicks, he came to North Vernon, then known as Tripton. Here Mr. Hicks erected a four mill, the first built in this section and known as the Tripton Mills. In 1859 Mr. McGannon took charge of the industry and successfully managed it until 1861, the outbreak of the Civil War, and he enlisted in Company B 6th Ind. Volunteers, serving under Col. Tripp. He was injured at the battle of Resaca, Georgia, and was given an honorable discharge, and after recovering to some extent, resumed charge of the Tripton Mills. He operated the mill for 36 years before selling it to Eberts & Bros. in 1896. Mr. mcGannon was married to Miss Mar E. Hicks in 1857. Their children: Mrs. E.C. Fable, Mrs. J.W. Carson, and Mrs. W. B. Dobbins, and the son E. H. McGannon, who is in business in Louisville. Mr. McGannon is in business with his son-in-law, J.W. Carson in the meat market.