Search for content in message boards

Malinda (Housman) Barnes.

Replies: 1

Malinda (Housman) Barnes.

Posted: 1471302559000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Housman/ Barnes
Malinda Ellen (Housman) Barnes. Husband John Barnes. Born in 1838, Ohio to John Housman 1810 Virginia - 1893 Montana and Elizabeth (Driver) Housman 1810 Ohio. John is my Gr Gr Grandfather. I am descended from Malinda's brother George W. Housman.1844-1917. I do have a photo of John Housman. My Grandmother had "tin type" family photos taken in Huntington, Indiana but we can only identify John Housman in the album. John moved his family along with his brother's families Jacob and Margaret (Adcock) Housman and Michael and Mary Housman to Huntington, Indiana after their father Charles Housman 1768 -1840 died in Ohio.
1850 they are all in Indiana census (last name spelled HAWSMAN). 1860 census Elizabeth has died and John has married the town Mayor's widow Polly Comstock to care for his and her young children. Polly dies and is buried with her 1st husband Charles Comstock in Indiana. John goes to Montana and writes to his son George W. to bring his family to Montana. (I have a copy of the letter and envelope). George and family move. John marries a 3rd time to Minerva V. Housman and dies may 20, 1893 in Deer Lodge Cty, Montana. County Probate Record 1893 for John Housman lists Malinda Barnes as one of his children. You can get the record on-line. 34 pages.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
joycemilk 1471302559000 
Jennifer Hous... 1494969264000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic