Miller Morgan, farmer and business man, son of John and Barbara (Miller) Morgan, natives respectively of Tennessee and Ohio, was born in Union County, Ind., December 24, 1825. He was educated in the country schools and until his twenty second year remained with his parents, becoming familiar with the details of the farmer’s occupation in the meantime. December 7, 1848, he married Miss Mary Hayward, a union blessed with the birth of six children, whose names are as follows: Cornelius, born August 6, 1852, died August 15, 1854; Joseph B., born November 11, 1856; John V, born June 2, 1863; Anna, born January 28, 1866, and two that died in infancy, unnamed. Mr. Morgan a number of years ago, engaged in farming in Lancaster Township, and at this time owns a fine place of 120 acres, eighty of which are in cultivation and well improved. September, 1886, in partnership with a son, John V. Morgan, Mr. Morgan purchased a stock of general merchandise at the village of Kelso, which they now carry on. They handle all kinds of goods demanded by the general trade, and do their proportion of business. Mr. Morgan was formerly a Democrat, but now advocates the principles of the Prohibition party. He has rendered material assistance in the general improvement of the county, and takes a live interest in all movements having for their object the welfare of the public.
History of Huntington County, Indiana. (Brant & Fuller: Chicago, IL) 1887. Biographical Sketches of Lancaster Township, p. 722.