From History of Huntington County, 1887, page 704
DAVID CHAMBERS, deceased, was a native of Greene County, Ohio, born September 20, 1817. On the 9th day of May, 1843, he married Hester Ann Woodward, of the same county and State, by whom he had four children; to wit: infant, deceased, unnamed; Harriet, deceased; Martha E., born December 17, 1846, and William E., born December 31, 1848. The same year of their marriage, Mr. and Mrs. Chambers moved to Huntington County, Ind., and settled in Section 27, Lancaster Township, where the family was reared, and where the father's death occurred February 7, 1870. The place upon which Mr. Chambers settled was at the time of his appearance an almost unbroken wilderness, but with an energy and determination born of a will to succeed he went to work and by persevering industry finally carved out a home which at the time of his death was one of the most valuable farms in Lancaster Township, consisting of 260 acres of fine land substantially improved and in a high state of cultivation. The farm is now successfully managed by the only son, William E. Chambers, one of the representative citizens of the township. David Chambers was a substantial business man, an active member of the Presbyterian Church, and his death was an event that cast a shade of gloom over the entire community in which he resided. The members of his family now living are prominently identified with the Methodist Church.