From the Â“History of Huntington County Indiana 1914Â”
A career of exceptional enterprise and public spirited relationship with the community has been that of Henry Fahl, who is a native son of Huntington county, belongs to a family which was established here in pioneer times, and is the owner and proprietor of the old Fahl homestead, which under his management has been increased to two hundred acres, situated three miles east of Huntington on the Union Center Gravel Road. Mr. Fahl's prosperity is almost entirely due to his individual efforts, and what he has he has made for himself.
Henry Fahl was born on the old farm in Union township, July 23, 1849, a son of George and Mary Fahl. The Fahl family came originally from Germany, and George Fahl was born in Schuylkill county, Pennsylvania, of which his wife was likewise a native. They were married in that county, and settled in Huntington county, Indiana, in 1841. Their location in Union township entitled them to distinction as pioneers, and they bore their full share of the hardships and responsibilities connected with living in that vicinity at that time. George Fahl died on the old farm in 1873, and his widow survived until July, 1893. They were the parents of nine children, and the seven living at the present writing are: Edward, of Cass county; William, of Huntington City; Dan, of Markle; John of Miami county; and Susan and Mary, both residents in the city of Huntington.
Henry Fahl was reared on the old farm, was educated in the district schools, and from his boyhood experience as a farmer, was naturally introduced to the career in which he has made a substantial success. Mr. Fahl has never taken upon himself the responsibility of family life, and has done much for other members of the family. He has long been an active worker in the Reformed church, having served as an elder for fifteen years. His politics is Democratic, but he has never aspired to public honors, and has never held any office of importance.