"History of Huntington County, Indiana"1914 By Frank S. Bash pg. 567-68
Henry G. Miller. Representing that stanch German-American stock which has done so much in the material development of the middle west, Henry G. Miller has lived for thirty-five years in Huntington county, has prospered in his vocation as a farmer, has a fine farm estate in Union township of 160 acres, and is regarded as one of the substantial men both in general prosperity and in his influence as a citizen and kindly neighbor.
Henry G. Miller was born in Hocking county, Ohio, November 2, 1860, a son of John P. and Christina (Finkie) Miller. His father, who was a native of Germany, came when eight years of age with his parents to the United States, first locating in Virginia, and later in Ohio. About 1877, he moved from Ohio, and found a permanent home in Union township of Huntington county, where he spent the remaining days of his life. There were six children in the family, as follows: Henry G.; Mary, wife of Cephus Hahn, of Michigan; William, of Union township; Lizzie, wife of David Chenoweth of Jackson township; John P. of Dallas township; and George E. of Polk township.
Henry G. Miller was about eighteen years old when he came to Huntington county, had received a substantial education in the schools of Ohio, and became an active and valuable assistant of his father in clearing up the land and improving a farm in Huntington county. He lived at home until he was twenty-four years of age. On the 21st of October, 1893, he married Miss Mary Elizabeth Lahr, daughter of Jacon Lahr. Mrs. Miller was born in Polk township, Huntington county, October 2, 1866, and grew up and received her education in this vicinity. They have one child, Arta June, born June 1, 1903. Mr. Miller in early life learned the stone masonâ€™s trade, and for some years was a contractor in Huntington, getting a good start in that business. He owned ninety-seven acres of the old homestead in Ohio, and after selling that bought his present farm in January, 1899, and has since owned and occupied that present estate in Union township. His farm comprises one hundred and sixty acres, all the land is well improved and cultivated, and his neighbors regard him as the ablest cultivator of the soil and one of the most successful men in his community. In politics Mr. Miller is a democrat.