"History of Huntington County, Indiana"1914 By Frank S. Bash pg. 541-42
Albert C. Hahn. No richer or more productive land in Indiana can be found than that embraced in the agricultural districts of Huntington county, and a fine farm of ninety acres, in section 2, Polk township, three miles south and one mile east of Andrews, and known as Elmwood Stock Farm, gives illustration of the thrift and energy which has characterized the life of its owner, Albert C. Hahn. Mr. Hahn was born on his fatherâ€™s farm in Dallas township, Huntington county, Indiana, August 18, 1868, and is a son of Christian and Sarka Hahn, the latter of whom died about 1870. Both parents were born in Germany, from which country the father came to the United States at the age of thirteen years, locating in Lucas county, Ohio, where he grew to manhood and was married. About 1865 the parents came to Dallas township, and here the mother died some years later, the father subsequently being married a second time. He had five children by his first marriage, and four by the second, and Albert C. is the youngest of the first union.
Mr. Hahnâ€™s boyhood experiences were much the same as those of other farmersâ€™ sons of his day and community, four months of each winter being passed in study in the little district school, while the remainder of the year was devoted to the tasks of the home farm. He was about twenty years of age when he left the homestead to face the world on his own account, and about two years later, February 7, 1890, was married to Miss Susan C. Lahr, who was born on an adjoining farm to the one in which they now reside, August 16, 1868. Her parents, Jacob and Catherine (Sperb) Lahr, were born in Germany, the former coming to the United States at the age of fifteen years and the latter when twenty-one, and both locating in Indiana where they met and were married. Mr. and Mrs. Lahr were widely known in Polk township, where the father died June 5, 1901, and the mother in 1904, and were the parents of nine children. Two sons have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Hahn: George W., born October 17, 1894, a graduate of the common schools and of the class of 1912 at the Andrews High school, and now a student in the state normal school, studying for his Bachelor of Arts degree; and Ernest A., born December 14, 1900, attending the public schools of Polk township.
Mr. Hahn has labored faithfully and industriously and his present handsome property has been gained through the medium of his earnest endeavors, ably seconded by those of his wife. Elmwood Stock Farm is a well-cultivated and valuable tract of ninety acres, located three miles south and one mile east of Andrews, and five miles south and two miles west of Huntington. It has been equipped with modern buildings, improvements and appliances, is fertile and productive, and admirably suited to the raising of livestock. Mr. Hahn has ever been regarded as one of his townshipâ€™s useful and public-spirited men, and as a business man whose record for strict integrity remains unblemished. He belongs to the German Evangelical church of Dallas township, while his wife and son George W. belong to the Christian church at Andrews. Fraternally, Mr. Hahn is a member of Golden Rule Lodge No. 308, Knights of Pythias, belongs to the Grand Lodge, and also holds membership in the Uniform Rank No. 16, at Huntington. Mrs. Hahn is also favorably known in fraternal circles, being a member of Olive Branch Temple, Pythian Sisters, at Andrews, of which she is past chief, and of the Grand Lodge. In politics a democrat, Mr. Hahn has served as a delegate to various conventions of his party and on several occasions has been a member of the election board. He is wide-awake and progressive, and he and his family have a wide circle of friends to whom the hospitality of their own pleasant home is freely and graciously accorded.