From Biographical Memoirs of Huntington County, 1901, pages 506-507
Benjamin F. Wilson, one of the best known and leading farmers of Huntington county, Indiana, was born in Fairfield county, Ohio, September 27, 1846. His grandfather, William Wilson, was a native of Scotland, but left his native land when a young man to seek a home in America. He located and lived for many years in the state of Virginia, and then moved to Ohio, where he continued his farming operations until his death. It was in Virginia that his son Alfred, the father of our subject, was ushered into the world. At the age of twenty-one he moved to Fairfield, Ohio, where he became acquainted with Sarah Elizabeth, daughter of Benjamin Turner, who became his wife. She was a native of Fairfield county, and here they lived for several years, carrying on farming operations. In 1854 they moved to Grant county, Indiana, and purchased a farm of two hundred acres near Van Buren, remaining there until his death, October 31, 1885. His widow survived him several years, dying May 16, 1898. The children born to them were as follows: Sarah Catherine, who lived on the old homestead in Grant county; Benjamin F., the subject of this biography; Swan A., who lived with her sister Sarah on the old homestead, was educated in Valparaiso, and there taught school for thirty terms; John W., a farmer of Wells county; Alfred Clinton, who died in 1886; Missoura A., wife of Samuel Buckland, of Gas City, Indiana; Lucinda J., who married Jacob Dillmon, both of whom are deceased; Alice C., wife of Lewis J. Roush, a farmer of Wells county; and Serelda, wife of "Doc" Alexander, of Muncie, Indiana.
Benjamin F. Wilson was educated in the common schools with his brothers and sisters and spent a short time in teaching, two terms being spent in charge of a school in Wells county and the same length of time in Grant county. On February 2, 1871, he was united in marriage to Miss Sarah E. Mitchell, whose father, Leander Morrison Mitchell,, elsewhere represented in this work, is one of the most prominent residents of Huntington county and a noted agriculturist. Two children have blessed their union, namely: Emma and George, the former the wife of Edward D. Jones, a farmer of Plumtree, this county. They have four bright children, Sylvania Mary, Benjamin S., Agnes E. and Elsie E. The son, George, lives with his parents, and is a valuable assistant in managing the farm. Soon after his marriage Mr. Wilson purchased his present farm in Salamonie township, the old Barnett place, which consists of eighty-two acres of land. He has made many improvements to this property, adding to and rebuilding until he has a model home for comfort and convenience, and one of the most cosy, attractive spots in Huntington county. He is a model farmer, and his opinion is regarded as authority on all agricultural subjects. He and his son also own one hundred and seven acres of land near Van Buren, Grant county, a very valuable property that lies in the oil belt and has nine wells, the annual output netting them a neat income. He has been a very successful man, no doubt owing to his foresight and shrewdness, and has accumulated a competency which will insure him against future want. He is not a farmer who rides a hobby and gives his entire attention to one particular branch of agriculture, but carries on general farming, raising grain and stock, both of which command a good price when placed upon the market. In politics he is a Democrat, and his wife is a member of the Christian church, to which he and she are liberal contributors. He is also a member of the blue lodge, Free and Accepted Masons, of Warren, and a man who is greatly liked and respected.