Search for content in message boards

joseph sebastian dietz 1841 eschenbach, bavaria, germany emigrated to baltimore 1853

Replies: 2

Re: joseph sebastian dietz 1841 eschenbach, bavaria, germany emigrated to baltimore 1853

Posted: 1509755282000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dietz, Gilch
hi, sorry to get back to your gracious answer so long after you posted. have had a rough period with huge major surgery and continue to undergo rehab, maybe for another 6 months. also had to evacuate during hurricane.
Joseph is the only one of six bros I have not been able to lay to rest. have followed the others and their descendants to the end of their lines. because of an entry in a bros' receipt book, have felt he migrated to IL. the entry was for Henry county, Green River.
at 12 or 13 you would think he may recall his emigration from his homeland to Baltimore where he lived with one of his eldest bros in 1860 census. born 14 Jan 1841. no family record of his death which also makes me believe he migrated.
mother, Anna Maria Gilch Dietz, born 31 Dec 1803 (some sources say 1802 but church records give 1803) and died 1882, buried in Loudoun Park Cemetery with two of her sons and one other nearby. Enoch Pratt has told me they find no death notice in the Baltimore paper. had not considered a German paper. she is also listed as Annie Mary Dietz and last lived with a granddaughter, believe a Slater or Schaun.
no idea whether Joseph was in "late great incidence" but he certainly would be of age.
there is a Joseph who lived in Cook Co, St. Clair or Bellview or both but he said he was from Hesse, I believe. also a Joseph from Nennah-forget when he died, maybe 1906?
anyway, do appreciate your efforts for me and again I apologize for the delay.
s
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mandsdietz 1502501404000 
LOVESeGENEe 1503972770000 
mandsdietz 1509755282000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic