William Bolen/Nancy Jane Hudson

Replies: 1

William Bolen/Nancy Jane Hudson

Posted: 1450958474000
Classification: Query
Hello to all and Merry Christmas.
My brick wall is...........

William Bolen b1828 ohio d1903 mill shoals, white county, Illinois

I have located him in the 1860,70,80 and 1900 census.
According to all census' his parents were born in Virginia.

He married Nancy Jane Hudson sometime around 1850- can't locate a marriage cert/bond. Probably in Ohio or Kentucky.

Would like to find out if he had any siblings and his parents names.

William and Nancy had 9 children but two of them are possibly Nancy's sisters kids. They are...
Martha Jane b1852 KY d1933 Ilinois (married a Garrison)
William Henry b1853 KY d1938 Missouri (married a couple times)
Anna Belle b1856KY d1897 Illinois (married a Veatch)
Robert Wilburn b1858 IL d1917 Illinois (married a Hood)
Amanda b1861 KY d1943 Illinois (married a Dietz)
Alonzo b1864 Illinois d1911 Illinois (never married)
David b1865 Illinois d?
Melissa b1869 Illinois d?
Luella F b1870 Illinois d1943 Illinois (married a Brockett)

I can't locate William in the 1850 census. (But I did locate Nancy in Sprigg, Adams, Ohio 1850) I suspect he is located in Ohio (where he was born, but I have no proof other than census records) or Ky.

He and Nancy lived in Maysville, Mason, KY from at least 1852 to the early 1860's.
Then to various cities in White county, Illinois until death.

I have added his name to Find A Grave. I have a tree on Ancestry.com. I have posted inquiries all over the internet. I have visited Enfield, White, Illinois where he and Nancy are buried, but turned up nothing. I have visited Mary Fay Genealogy Center in Carmi, White, Illinois as well as the county records to no avail. I did locate his death date from a printed piece in the Gone But Not Forgotten book pertaining to Enfield, White, Illinois.

I discovered that I'm actually from this Bolen line after searching the Sullivan line for years. I hit a dead end searching the Sullivan line but knew I belonged to a certain line that had dna test results. So I had my dna tested to find that I didn't belong to any Sullivan line. So then I found out that I was a Bolen and here I am. (That was the short way of explaining how a Sullivan turns out to be a Bolen)

So to sum things up...........Looking for William Bolen's possible siblings and his parents names.

Good luck to those who try. God knows I have exhausted all my avenues.
I do believe that if one name is found then the flood gates will open!!
Thank you in advance!!
Troy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TSully980 1450958474000 
LRoberts1694 1479078539000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic