Search for content in message boards

Minnie Crawley-Fleming-Hardy-ONeal

Replies: 4

Minnie Crawley-Fleming-Hardy-ONeal

Posted: 1072417466000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crawley, Fleming, Hardy
Debbie, David and Robyn-

Merry Christmas to everyone. I spoke with David on Christmas and told him how I had grilled Jim and we had found Minnies’ Social Security number.
Minnie Oneal b 18 Aug 1899 (Jim remembers that his mother’s birthday was 18 Aug, and she was about 25 when he was born)
d Aug 1978 in Tampa, Hillsborough, FL (Jim knows that his mother died in Tampa)
Minnie Oneal SSN is 350-10-5211

On Christmas I grilled Jim some more.

I got lots of information. Where oh where to start?

Minnies’ mom had a sister named Lizzie (probably short for Elizabeth).

Minnie’s mom wore bifocals. One day she went out into the the town where she lived. She had to crose the railroad tracks to get where she was walking. She looked down the tracks with the bifocal part of the glasses. The train was way down the tracks, so she went to cross the tracks. She was hit and killed by the train. This occurred sometime around 1934-1937 around Bone Gap, Illinois.

Ok, Minnie is one of 7 children that James Leo Hardy knows of.

Oldest is Fred
Next is Minnie m Samuel Hardy
Unknown order Rawley
Unknown order Wilma m Ray Burroughs
Unknown order Marie
Youngest boy Ted (possibly Theodore)
Youngest girl Lillie m Vern (possibly Vernon) Shelby

Minnie Crawley’s oldest child is:

Ulysses Simpson Grant Crawley (known as Grant) b 1915-1920 m Mary. They had 9 kids. Last known residence is Gunnison, Colorado

Minnie then married a man with the last name of Fleming and had:

Ancil Lavone Fleming (Female) (NOTE: James Leo Hardy swears that this is the correct spelling of her name)
b abt 1922 m Oran Sharp. Ancil took care of Minnie until she died, thus she was in Florida in 1978.

Minnie then married Samuel Hardy and had:

James Leo Hardy b 1925

Samuel Joseph Hardy Jr. b abt 1928 Last known residence is Illinois

Robert Ray Hardy b abt 1931.

Samuel Joseph Hardy Sr. had three known children BEFORE he married Minnie Crawley.

The first child is (male, grandfather of Janet Walters) (Jim can’t remember his name today)
The second child is Mary
The third is Gibb (possibly Gilbert) b about 1900

These three children were all born before 1924 and would have been born around Warsaw, Illinois.

Anyone with information about this family please e-mail me as soon as possible as James Leo Hardy (Jim) is 78 and is desperate to find out infomation about his family. My e-mail address is:
magrayfamily@juno.com

Kelly Lynch
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
magrayfamily 1072417466000 
Debbie Risley 1153461844000 
mariancralle8... 1202521728000 
mtcrisley1 1202808037000 
acspotts10 1507256761000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic