Search for content in message boards

Washington County, Ill cemetery indexes?? ROSE, BUCKINGHAM, HUGGINS, FOSTER

Replies: 1

Washington County, Ill cemetery indexes?? ROSE, BUCKINGHAM, HUGGINS, FOSTER

Posted: 1429392841000
Classification: Query
Surnames: ROSE, BUCKINGHAM, HUGGINS, FOSTER
Hoping someone can help me find the Cemetery Indexes for Washington County. I have tried to Google search for them but no luck.

My John Rose (bn abt 1803) was in Washington County by 1834 with his 1st wife & 3 small children that were born in TN.

I know my ancestor John Rose (bn 1803 VA) lost his 1st wife (unknown name) by 1835 & his second wife, Katharine Foster (before 1850 census) in Washington County. John & Katharine were married in Washington Co on 31 mar 1836 & by the 1850 IA census he is without a wife again.

Somehow my John Rose is connected with the family groups of Joseph Buckingham (bn 1800) & James Huggins, possibly by marriage? They were all neighbors by the 1840 ILL, Washington Co census & relocated together and were again neighbors for the 1850 Iowa, Page Co census.
I have included the info on the Buckingham & Huggins families incase others might know of a ROSE connection for them.

Trying to find the name of & where John's 1st wife is buried??
Where is his 2nd wife buried??

It appears that Okawville was the closest twp to the ROSE, Huggins & Buckingham properties but I am not sure.

Does anyone know which of the FOSTER families Katharine Foster belonged to??

Thank you for your help,
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CathyHicks43 1429392841000 
FredM94 1429489001000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic