Search for content in message boards

Luhring-Schaun/Shown

Replies: 0

Luhring-Schaun/Shown

Posted: 1430497786000
Classification: Query
I know this is a long shot since most of the Wabash County courthouse records from 1825-1857 were destroyed, but I am looking for the parents of Louisa Luhring Dickmeier and the father of her first three children with the last name of Schaun/Shown.

Louisa Luhring was born 15 June 1824 in Ampede in Neustadt am Rubenberg, Hanover, Germany. According to Gibson County, Indiana census records she had 3 children born in Wabash County, IL.

Margaretha SCHAUN Birth 8 Oct 1841 in Wabash County, Illinois, USA Death 22 Dec 1898 in Barton, Gibson, Indiana, US. Married Christian Kohlmeyer in Gibson County.

Fridrich SCHAUN Birth 10 Oct 1843 in Wabash County, Illinois, USA, Married Mary Keiper 27 Jan 1870 in Gibson County.

John Peter SCHAUN, aka Peter Schaun, Birth 2 Jan 1850 in Wabash County, Illinois, USA. Listed as deaf and dumb in 1860 and 1880 Gibson County census.

Shortly after the birth of John Peter, Louisa shows up in Gibson County with her three children and married Fridrich Wilhelm Dickmeier on 4 Feb 1851. Fridrich was born 18 May 1827 in Warendorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany Death (possible suicide) 9 March 1859 in Johnson, Gibson, Indiana, USA. They had four children:
Fridrich Wilhelm DICKMEIER Birth 29 Sep 1852 in Johnson, Gibson, Indiana, USA Death 14 September 1908.
Heinrich Louis DICKMEIER Birth 26 February 1855 in Gibson County, Indiana, USA Death 15 January 1915 in Evansville, Indiana.
Louise Matilde DICKMEIER Birth 8 May 1857 in Johnson, Gibson, Indiana, USA Death 19 Dec 1888.
Gideon DICKMEYER Birth Abt. 1859 in Johnson, Gibson, Indiana, USA Death 21 Sep 1890 in Gibson County, Indiana, USA.

The 1860 Census shows Fridrich (Schaun), John Peter (Schaun) again listed as deaf and dumb, and Gideon all living with Henry/Heinrich Dickmeier, father of Fridrich Dickmeier.

The 1880 census shows John Peter living with Gideon, deaf and dumb, relation to head of house (Gideon) is stepbrother. After this I lose track of John Peter.

Any help in finding the father of the Schaun children or parents of Louisa Luhring is greatly appreciated!!

Find a board about a specific topic