Search for content in message boards

Donald Keith Miller-Illinois

Replies: 0

Donald Keith Miller-Illinois

Posted: 1501622840000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miller, Coniglio, Garrity
Hello all! So DKM is my paternal grandfather. He is from Danville, IL and passed away over ten years ago. I made contact with his daughter Shelly about two years ago now after I flew to meet her once she took a DNA test that confirmed we are family. After the information was shared with her siblings she, I believe was told by her siblings, to block all contact with me. Apparently the other siblings were very concerned about how their mother, whom my grandfather had divorced (and even remarried) years and years ago before he passed. Their mother, Concetta Coniglio, really has nothing to do with it but I was trying to be respectful of their wishes. My father is just seeking information about his family even if it was just pictures or stories to have a better understanding of where he came from and get closure. Based on all of the information I have gathered, I wonder if his father knew or if maybe their mother knew as letters from NY were sent to their home in Danville with no response.
If any of those family members are out there I'm just looking for information, pictures, stories or anything that could be passed to my father. I'm not trying to upset anyone's life, just give closure to ours. Of course we would love to meet but based on what has transpired my hope for that has diminished. I have everything and had a wonderful life, my father is an amazing man despite all of the odds that he had to overcome. Just seeking family :) Best wishes

Find a board about a specific topic