Search for content in message boards

Silas & Jane Boyd Wilson, m. 1843, OH & IL

Replies: 3

Re: Silas & Jane Boyd Wilson, m. 1843, OH & IL

Posted: 1523678650000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilson, Boyd, Hall
Hi Cricket! Silas is buried in Deer Creek Illinois. Hardscrabble Cemetery, I think. His tombstone says he died on 6 March 1856 at the age of 33 years old. I also have Margaret Jane Boyd married to Obediah Hall. And according to Cyberdriveillinois, Alexander was in the Civil War. Private in Company A 94th Illinois Voluntary Infantry. He joined in 20 Sep. 1864 in Springfield, IL. and Mustered out on 17 July 1865 in Galveston Texas. It shows him as a native of Ohio and living in Mackinaw, IL. He was 18 yrs old and a farmer with sandy hair, blue eyes, height of 5'6-1\2. Its definitely our Charles Alexander Wilson. I also have a record from the Danville National Home for Veterans, where he resided, that shows he was AWL at the time of his death in Du Quoin, IL.

You may not remember me, I had a different last name last time we talked. I'm the daughter of Everett Eugene Wilson. Everett was the son of Ben
Wilson who was the son of Charles Alexander Wilson. You helped me out a lot. Without your help, I would still be lost after my Grandfather, Ben. I have 2 brick walls in my research and the biggest is Silas and finding his ancestors.

Let me look around my files some more to see if I can find anything else to help you. My email is barbwyre@ymail.com now. It used to be barbmoudy@yahoo.com when we messaged back in 2007. Feel free to contact me if you would like my records.

Barbara (Wilson) Stender
barbwyre@ymail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cricket_hackm... 1100381518000 
LaurettaCook 1512400068000 
cricket_hackm... 1512402887000 
barbwyred 1523678650000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic