Search for content in message boards

WAGNER / MUELLER (MILLER) / MEIER / WILL / FRANK / WOLF

Replies: 2

Re: WAGNER / MUELLER (MILLER) / MEIER / WILL / FRANK / WOLF

Posted: 1488129653000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1488262416000
Surnames: Meier Ranzinger Wagner
I have many of these names in my family tree too. I am looking for relatives of my paternal grandfather. He immigrated to the US from near Schoellnach (Lower Bavaria) Germany in 1926 with his wife and became estranged from his family in Germany at that time. They settled in Lancaster, PA but also spent some time in Michigan, near Saginaw I believe.
My grandfather’s name is Josef (Joseph) Meier (born in 1901) and I believe his parents were Josef Meier and Rosina Ranzinger. This might be the same Ranzinger family which owns the Bavarian Gasthof Ranzinger (http://www.hotel-ranzinger.de). I tried emailing the Gasthof but got no reply. According to stories we heard, Rosina might have died young and my grandfather’s father might have remarried. We don’t know whether my grandfather had any siblings or half siblings.
My grandfather’s wife (my grandmother) was Maria (Mary) Wagner whose family came from Daxstein, Bavaria. We have a pretty extensive family tree on them, so no help needed there. We also have an extensive family tree on my mother’s side (Hilbert and Rickert) so I am pretty sure you are not related through that side.
I and lots of my relatives have participated in Ancestry DNA so we might get some leads from there if you know of any other relatives of yours who have also done the DNA testing. There are Wolfs in several of the family trees of people I match.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sherry Kyle 1073189162000 
Leah Pearson 1085200449000 
Meier_Lisa 1488129653000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic