Search for content in message boards

Help on James Campbell and Amelia Harrison

Replies: 0

Help on James Campbell and Amelia Harrison

Posted: 1413245792000
Classification: Query
Sorry for the length of the post. I have looked at some past questions posted here as far back as 2000 on the questions about James and Amelia Campbell (Harrison) of Madison County Missouri. There does not seem to be any consensus on a good answer as to the parents of James or Amelia.
Looking and reading all the books and publications on early Virginia nothing is in black and white that I can see.
Here are the commonalities that I can find.
James Campbell born about 1774 in VA. And died abt. 1826 in Madison county MO. James married an Amelia Harrison (possibly the last name) in Rockingham VA in 1795. Amelia was born about 1780/1 in S.C. (common agreement) and died in Scott county IL. About 1859.
James and Amelia had just a few children which all seem to have been born in Madison county MO.
William Levi 1803-1850
Samuel 1804-1861
Elizabeth 1807-1894
Robert 1810-1853
Rueben 1814-1902
James 1815-1882
Belinda 1817-1849
Walter 1824-1902
Artimessia 1826-1930 (not sure since she would have been born the same year Lames the father died)

There does not seem to be any commonalities about James Campbell’s parents. I have seen a Hugh Campbell and Mary Hanna, a John Campbell and Elizabeth McDonald and also a John Campbell and Marry Hamilton. I have looked on Google and books and I can’t find anything on a James and Amelia Campbell with all those children for proof.

So if anybody has definitive sources on this line of Campbell’s it would be greatly appreciated. And also would this Campbell line be in anyway related to the Campbell’s from Scotland? If there are any links from the internet please post in the answer.

I did post this in three places, Madison County MO., Scott County IL., and Virginia (no county)

Find a board about a specific topic