Search for content in message boards

Fielding DULANEY, John Paul DULANEY

Replies: 3

Re: Fielding DULANEY, John Paul DULANEY

Posted: 1494524245000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dulaney
Many of us have been searching for many years for any real proof that Fielding is actually the father of John Paul Dulaney or who Fieldings actual father is. We all have it down that John Roberts Dulaney and Nancy Field were the parents of Fielding, but can't find solid proof only minor evidence. Nor can we can solid proof of Fielding (and Elizabeth?) as his parent. Nor is there any proof of Fieldings birth or death dates. I got what most folks have from my uncle HG Dulaney (former curator of the Sam Rayburn Library in Bonham, TX) and he got most of it from others doing research before the internet existed such as myself. But still after all these years I still find now solid proof. Census at the time didn't even give names other than the head of household and ages of those living in the home. But that's no proof of Fieldings parents or children/spouse. It's so frustrating after nearly 30 years of research but I think we may never know. Some folks even have Fielding's death date as being before his (supposed) children were even conceived. That isn't remotely possible of course. And with Ancestry most people tend to take what others have as proof. Sadly it's proof of nothing. Check your dates and be sure they are even possible at all. Parents can't die before children are conceived. But we may all have to just accept we'll never have the proof we want. Only small pieces of evidence that aren't even that strong.
Here's what we do know: John Paul Dulaney was born in Illinios June 21, 1811, he moved to Texas and died in Fannin County May 23, 1882. I can't even find War records on Fold3. He is buried with many Dulaneys in the Carson Cemetery in Ector. Don't trust what folks put on Findagrave.com either. Anyone can put what they want, no proof required. Drives me crazy. We also know that there was a Fielding/Fielden Delany in Madison County, Illinios in 1820. And the range of ages matches what we THINK his family members would be. But that's very vague. It doesn't give dates or names or birth places like other later census counts. We were all told that he was married to Elizabeth but we find NO documents stating that. We were also told his parents were John and Nancy but no documents to prove that. Not even anyone having scanned a bible page.
To me all that is just too vague to be proof. But we take it for now as that's what word of mouth was. And given this was my grandfather's grandfather, hopefully they would have been told his name.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cintrfire 988891200000 
@@mrlh@pe.net 1016591336000 
lbeals135 1310432500000 
Crislee Moren... 1494524245000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic