Search for content in message boards

GrandMother's Marriage

Replies: 1

GrandMother's Marriage

Posted: 1484511078000
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Casey - Edmendson - Edmondson - Cole
Linda,
I believe you are the one that helped me about a year ago. Found my GrandMother's Registry - Joenetta J Edmendson, Father Joseph Edmendson & Mother, Fanny Vaughn, & I so appreciate it. I have been looking for her since 1977! My Aunt Ruth told me it has been corrected because the census taker had put her down as a boy with a boy's name.

I was wondering if you could help me with her background some. On her marriage license her name is listed Nettie Jo Casey. I don't know where this name comes from. I can't seem to find a previous marriage, & could it be a Casey Family helped raise her? She was born in 1880 & I have found records of her Mother marrying again to a William Taylor Deaton & having 2 sons by him. Thomas Jefferson Deaton 12 Nov. 1882 & Hiram Deaton 1883. I have a record of a probate will done by her, & no more records of her, & I guess she died.

I forget which census year but, there is a John Casey that lives in the same town. It seems as though her own birth mom did not raise her & got remarried the very next year after she was born. Is there anyway to check on this??? There is no 1890 census so I just have her birth in 1880 & her marriage in Sep. 1899 to Albert or Alford Cole in Mill Twp, Mountain Home, Baxter County, Arkansas.

I know this will be sort of hard, & any info would certainly be appreciated!

Barbara Coll - Sunmoon7799
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sunmoon7799 1484511078000 
LRoberts1694 1501525563000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic