Search for content in message boards

Info on James and Melissa Wood and family

Replies: 0

Info on James and Melissa Wood and family

Posted: 1499464169000
Classification: Query
Hoping someone might have info on the above family. According to various sources, they came from Bradford, PA around 1852 or 1853 and settled in Oregon. In 1850 the family is in Bradford, PA and then various family members are in Lee and Carroll counties for 1860 and beyond. James is not shown in any census in IL and cannot find any death info for him and his wife, Melissa. I have info on daughter, Mary, who married Samuel Colehour; Priscilla, who married Jacob Sell and moved to SD; and Lyman and Lewis, who both lived in the area. The other children are more elusive. I am trying to decide whether Ellen Wood Scott is the Ellen Wood that is named in the 1850 census. Ellen Wood married Harvey K Scott and her obit states she was born in Bradford, PA. I have tried to do my due diligence and check all the more obvious sources such as the gen web sites for the 3 counties - Carroll, Lee and Whiteside, before I asked for help. If anyone has any personal knowledge of this family, I will certainly appreciate the help, thanks! Also any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic