Search for content in message boards

Amanda Miller Bauer

Replies: 3

Re: Amanda Miller Bauer

Posted: 1504542612000
Classification: Query
If you want to post a new message on the Cuyahoga Co., OH, message board, go to top of this page. Click ‘states’, click ‘Ohio’, click ‘counties’ and then ‘cuyahoga’. Then click ‘start new thread’ – you will be asked to sign in – and away you go.

Have you heard of the LDS (Latter Day Saints – Mormon) website www.familysearch.org? Genealogy is a big part of their faith. They have posted on line billions of worldwide records. Most records were collected by the LDS and many submitted by individual genealogists. The submitted records are not checked, so they could have errors. The LDS on line records are free, but one has to register for access (need to set up a user name and password).

Do you know a lady named Karen Anne Davis? She has updated some Amanda (Miller) & Joseph Bauer info on the LDS website this year. The 1900 Cleveland census has Amanda’s birth as Oct 1860. Amanda’s Ohio death certificate is on the LDS website – DOB listed as Oct 24, 1860. Karen Anne Davis has not been able to find a marriage record for Amanda and Joseph in either Ohio or Pennsylvania – that doesn’t necessarily mean no record exists. Joseph was born in Pittsburgh. I have downloaded some of the LDS info into Word files. If you want I could try to attach them to a message board post. For some reason in the recent past I have had difficulty attaching files to message boards. I don’t know how to contact Karen Anne Davis – she probably also has a Rootsweb Message Board account.

Another website that I use a lot is www.findagrave.com – millions of burials listed. Amanda and Joseph are listed without photos of grave markers. Amanda’s DOB, 12/24/1860. They both were buried from St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Cleveland. I believe the parish is now closed.

Fred

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shannonw1316 1500315661000 
FredM94 1504308079000 
shannonw1316 1504463106000 
FredM94 1504542612000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic