Search for content in message boards

Sartora or Suttory in Mercer County

Replies: 5

Re: Sartora or Suttory in Mercer County

Posted: 1419394430000
Classification: Query
Hi Julia,

Eliza's sister Ella is my great grandmother. I found a family tree with Massa (or Massie) Lynn Setory with ties to Calhoun County Illinois & Walkerville Illinois.

I've been struggling with the correct spelling of Eliza & Ella's mother's maiden name. Do you know of any documents to show that information? When I started my research, I saw find-a-grave had it as Sartora. I ordered a death certificate and it had Suttory. Then I came across the Walkerville census & it had Sattorie, along with Chas & Massa listed as her parents. And finally, I found the gentleman with the calhoun county Lynn family tree that showed Setory.

Needless to say, I've been searching high & low. My mom introduced me to a distant cousin named Margaret in Roodhouse. I think she said Eliza was her mother...

So my mom must be in your generation.

When I make connections on here, I always have to ask if there are any photographs that can be shared either digitally or hard copies. I hope I don't come across too forward, but I feel I need to seize the moment when I can.

Any information you have & can share will be greatly appreciated.

I was blessed to know my great Grandmother Ella (Eliza's sister). Did you ever get to meet your great grandmother Mary? Or did anyone ever speak of her?

I hope you have a very merry Christmas,
Eric Schnelten
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Eric Schnelte... 1377526009000 
thomasker2 1390925532000 
rubiejulz 1419389872000 
Eric Schnelte... 1419394430000 
rubiejulz 1419390490000 
rubiejulz 1419390711000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic