David TAYLOR/Martha DUFFIELD

Replies: 1

Re: David TAYLOR/Martha DUFFIELD

Posted: 1504819799000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Duffield, Dufield
I am right with you, Mike! Here is what I know. See my tree LEVERENZ-2016
And the obituary of his son, Christopher Delbert "C.D." Taylor

It appears that David went to California in the 1849 Gold Rush! He appears in the 1850 census as a miner. Nonetheless, I am looking for circumstances surrounding the Death of David M. Taylor and Martha Jane Dufield or Duffield.

Note that he died less than a year after she did. According to Probate documents filed 8 Apr 1857 in McHenry, Illinois, David M. Taylor's sister was Nancy Taylor. Nancy was married to Jonathan Thorn or Thorne and she relinquished her rights as David's executrix. Jonathan Thorn and Nancy Taylor were married 10 Sep 1856 in Walworth County, WI.

As told by my grandmother: When David M. Taylor died, the five sons of his and Martha Jane Dufield were orphaned and went to live with different people. My great grandfather, Christopher David (CD) Taylor lived with Varnum Arnold and later lived in Darien WI. He lived in Darien his entire life and is buried in Darien Cemetery. He married Elizabeth M Wagner and later married Emma Jane Bulger. Emma Jane Bulger is my great-grandmother. - Mark Allen Leverenz

My e-mail is mleverenz@sbcglobal.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mike_borchard... 933076800000 
LeverenzM 1504819799000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic