Search for content in message boards

Looking for Burrell Anderson

Replies: 2

Re: Looking for Burrell Anderson

Posted: 1444544890000
Classification: Query
I believe this to be my great great great grandfather.Massac Co records show part of the purchased land being left to my great grandfather John Logan Anderson by his father(who had been married 4 times) Green R F Anderson.You can find a copy of the will with Massac Co from the year 1868.I have found mention of Burrell having served on the first grand jury of the (then new) Massac co in a book archived online at Cornell Univ. "The History Of Massac Co ,Il with life sketches and portraits" by O J Page.
My great grandfather John L Anderson donated ground to have a church with cemetery built as well as a school house.The Anderson Church and Cemetery are there still today and you will find many Andersons including my grandfather,great grandfater and father buried there.It is off 169 and Boaz Rd in Massac Co.The aformentioned is listed in the find a grave site as well as a photo of the church and cemetery.The old foundation of the school house is still visible in the cemetery(it was understood if they ever did away with the school or church it would have to be then used as cemetery).The branch of family I come from was from Green R Field Anderson's 2nd wife Adelia Pope.I believe there to be several very old headstones in said cemetery that might have Pope on the headstone although I forgot to look when I was there last.I had been told from a very young age that several generations back they were left parentless at a young age and there wasn't much information available.My grandmother sold what remained of the Anderson farm outside of Boaz after her husband Louis Anderson died and moved to Metropolis sometime in the early 1960s possibly even late 50s.It was all over and done before my childhood memories started.All I have is a photo of my father and myself,about 4 or 5 at the time) standing next to a huge tree that was cut down on the old farm that has been sold.I spent alot of time as a child and early teen at aunts' and uncles' farms within walking distance of the cemetery.Hope this has been of some help..I have some photos as well if they will post...the headstone is of my great grandfather John Logan Anderson
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Billie5757 1389585767000 
thomasker2 1393338829000 
dan anderson 1444544890000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic