Search for content in message boards

Howard & Phillips Families

Replies: 1

Re: Howard & Phillips Families

Posted: 1504140555000
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Howard Phillips
Hi Heidi,
My name is Jeannie Juarez. Rocella Katie Howard (Dobney Vandeventer Jahnke) is also my GG Grandma.

My Grandma Mollie Jahnke (Downhour Vess) was raised by her Grandmother Rocella! Are you related to one of Rocella's sons Glenn or Ralph?

I've been hitting the research pretty hard, she was such an important part of my Grandma's life. But I and end up coming up with more questions than answers.

Most people have Rocella's parent's listed as Joseph and Cornelia Phillips, however, I found evidence that says otherwise. On Rocella's marriage certificate to her 1st husband Richard Dobney she lists her parents as:
Thos Howard and Libby Pugh.

To confuse matters even more, on her marriage certificate to her 2nd husband Alva Vandeventer she lists her parents as:
Thomas Howard and Cornella (not Cornelia) Phillips.

I have this all laid out in a word doc with pictures of the documents. If you want to send me your email, I will email you the info I have on the discrepancy with her parents. There's actually even another twist to the story!!!

I'm not sure how much information you have. I know it took me a whole year to find her 2nd husband, so info on her does not come easy. Just let me know what you have and I will fill in the gaps.

My Grandma passed away a couple of years ago and I ran into some photos of Rocella with my Grandma, her daughter Hazel, and Rocella's 3rd husband. I posted them on Ancestry.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heidiann 991915200000 
Jeannie Juare... 1504140555000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic