Search for content in message boards

Harmon, Edwardsville, IL 1976?

Replies: 2

Harmon, Edwardsville, IL 1976?

Michael BUckingham (View posts)
Posted: 987822486000
Searching for Parents of Jolie/Yolie Harmon. have a horrible memory, so bear with me. She lived in Worden Illinois mid 1970's as a child. She was a childhood friend of mine who moved to Edwardsville, IL in about the 5th or 6th grade. I lost touch with her immediately after she moved. I have never forgotten her. As a child, I always had trouble pronouncing her name. And as you see, to this day I still have trouble with her name. She was always kidding with me about that. Many times we confided in each other, sharing secrets and giggling and laughing as children do. I was away on vacation camping in Missouri with my family. I returned to find she had moved. I never got to say goodbye to her. I didnt even know where she moved to...and as a child, I guess the "grown- ups" just thought I was being nosey when I was bugging them about where she moved to. I eventually found out the hard way. Later that same year, in a tragic accident that took her life, she left this world. I do not know the details of what happened to her, I guess that is not important. When I found out from my teacher at school...I was devastated. There were so many things I wanted to say to her. So many things I wantd to thank her for. Mostly I missed her. I to this day have not fogotten the day I met her. She approached me with unabashed self- possesion. She often spoke of her family. How much she loved them. She would be at school and would miss them. She had a strength that seemed strange to me, because I too was a child, slowly learning the ropes in life. She was the first girl I ever held hands with. A few years later I moved to Mississippi. I, over the years, have often thought of her. I never knew what happened to her family. I don't know if they knew how much she loved them. How much she adored her family. Over the years, she has been a source of strength for me. I feel I owe her. I wish to contact her family, and tell them the things she has told me, about how much she loved them. I can be contacted at madcow6662@home.com

Michael Buckingham
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael BUckingham 987822486000 
Mary Lindauer 1499211874000 
diggnroots 1499803583000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic