Search for content in message boards

Jacob Balmer (or Palmer) born about 1849 in either Switzerland or Germany. Lived in Highland

Replies: 1

Jacob Balmer (or Palmer) born about 1849 in either Switzerland or Germany. Lived in Highland

Posted: 1495055968000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Balmer, Palmer, Roesch
I'm trying to find info on my g-g-grandfather who lived in Highland, IL in the early 1880s.

His name was Jacob Balmer or Palmer, or something similar.
He was a watchmaker.
He had 2 children with Agatha Roesch: Maria Agnes Palmer and Joseph Anthony Palmer (in 1882 and 1883, both born in Highland, IL).

On one birth record it says Jacob was from Luzern, Switzerland, and on the other it says he was from Germany. Both records show he was a watchmaker, and seem to indicate that he and Agatha Roesch were married.

I am hoping to find:

Marriage record between Agatha Roesch and Jacob Balmer/Palmer. This would have taken place between 1880-1883, and could have happened anywhere between Arkansas and Highland, IL (Agatha was in Arkansas in 1880).

We do not know what happened to Jacob after the birth of his son in 1883. All we do know is that Agatha moved to San Francisco, CA at some point between 1883-1888 and married John Henry Schneiders.

Did Jacob die? Did they divorce? Did he simply disappear?

Hoping to find clues! Thanks.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kristi_dunn88 1495055968000 
thomasker2 1495487181000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic