Search for content in message boards

Samuel Riddlesbarger's branch (born PA-moved to Franklin Grove, China, Lee)

Replies: 3

Samuel Riddlesbarger's branch (born PA-moved to Franklin Grove, China, Lee)

Posted: 1481903982000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Riddlebarger, Riddlesbarger, Rawlins
My family history work includes DNA. My grandma was a Riddlebarger - her branch of Riddlebargers are in Scioto County OH. I was working to establish and confirm her husband's RAWLINs branch and asked two Rawlins men to do DNA kits. Each man also has a Riddlebarger in their pedigree and while I am still hunting for a man who carries the Riddlebarger name (part of Grandma's branch) to establish and confirm her Riddlebarger branch, I did find an interesting match via my Rawlins Family finder tests. I can track my Riddlebarger branch to Jacob Riddlebarger (born in 1795 PA) who moved to Scioto County and settled there. His wife was supposedly Mary Penner. They had four sons - William Alexander, David, George W, and Andrew Jackson.

When I examined the matches for my Rawlins kits I found a man named Springer whose grandmother was a Riddlesbarger. His branch however doesn't connect back directly to the Southern OH branch. Mr. Springer's Riddlesbarger branch tracks back to a Samuel (born PA) who moved with a Jacob (brother? also born in PA) to Lee County, IL. The families were part of the founding families of Emmert German Baptist Church of Lee County, IL.

The matches show the connection between our families is 2nd to 4th cousins.

I need some help from some Riddlesbarger/Riddlebarger branches who track to somewhere in PA between 1795 and 1823 when the two branches earliest ancestors were born.

Perhaps there is someone who is DNA mapping Riddlebargers who arrived in the USA?

Perhaps someone from Lee County IL has done some work and may have a clue which will help me work this match?

I look forward to any first party researcher reply with real knowledge of Riddlesbargers work for either the Southern Ohio or the Lee County Illinois branch.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
saltbreeze44m... 1481903982000 
Draskcap 1483336786000 
saltbreeze44m... 1483640477000 
Draskcap 1483641970000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic