Search for content in message boards

O'Malia Ancestors

Replies: 11

Re: O'Malia Ancestors

Posted: 1494804969000
Classification: Query
Thank you very much for following up on my wrong conclusion! Yes, we are second cousins. The names you mentioned ...Audrey and Bessie are familiar. My dad, Jack Dale, grew up in Great Grandfather O'Malia's home in Freeport. My grandparents, Mary (O'Malia) and Owen Dale lived with him. Owen, like your grandfather William also worked on the Illinois Central and our great grandfather William Sr, as you know was the Round House Director or manager an important position...I think the promotion that prompted his move from Dixon to Freeport. I have a picture of him with two of his sons...I think it was Uncle Tom, and Uncle Bill (your granddad) in front of a train that they were running. I have a family bible with about 6 pages of names births, deaths and marriages that I would like to share with you ...maybe you could identify some of the people....entry's are from the late 1800s to early 1900s.
My main research now is William O'Malia and Bridget Connelly our Great Great grandparents who I think came from County Galway. I find Bridget in Clifden, Ireland, but no record of either of them until 1870 in Lee County....where were they married? Was William from County Mayo? Maybe they lived in Boston for a while. Anyway, If you would send me your email address, I would be happy to share photos of the Bible pages denoting our grandparents births and a few more stories.
Thanks again!
Steve
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda Johnson 1494647237000 
wvsteveo 1494804969000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic