Search for content in message boards

News article look up please

Replies: 2

News article look up please

Posted: 1466964478000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newell, Walker, Taylor
I am looking for a Robert Walker and his wife Esther. They were in the Momence area in 1860 census. Their grandson John, was living with them. Their son in law Christopher remarried just before the 1860 census, he is living right next door with his new wife and other children. I have found no other info on Robert or Esther. At one point he was listed in England by his wife's maiden name of Taylor.
I am also looking for the possible article of Twins being born on April 26, 1858 to Christopher & Harriet Newell in Momence. I am pretty sure that John had a twin named Julian and he died between birth and July 1858. On July 15, 1858 their mother Harriet died.
What confuses me is that Chris & Harriet came to New York in November 1853. Stayed there presumably until 1856 when going through Ohio she gave birth to Esther Newell (named after Harriet's mother. ) They came to Kankakee County Illinois. But when Julian died they buried him in Iroquois County in Beaverville Cemetery. Then when Harriet died she was buried there too. Then when Christopher's second wife (1860 census) Hannah died in 1881 she was also buried with Julian & Harriet.
The tombstone is an obelisk shaped stone with Julian on the front, Harriet on the right, and Hannah on the back.
3 months after Hannah died Christopher married again to the widow of John Snow, Mary. She is not in the 1900 census with Christopher so I am sure she died before then. His will was read November 10, 1901 in Iroquois County, Illinois, but there is no inscription on the remaining side of the stone to say he is buried there. So he must be buried with Mary somewhere. As I have been unable to find the burial place of Mary I have not been able to prove if he is near her or not. His children from his second marriage are buried in the same cemetery as Julian, Harriet & Hannah but clear on the other side of the cemetery.
Thank you in Advance for any help.
Cindy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jmtce 1466964478000 
judyartley261... 1475095342000 
jmtce 1475104594000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic