Search for content in message boards

Dr. Ralph Lindsay Williams and family

Replies: 1

Dr. Ralph Lindsay Williams and family

Posted: 1068534033000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, Bowen, Hume
I am looking for information regarding my 3rd Great Grandfather, Dr. Ralph Lindsay Williams. The info I have came mostly from family sources (Ralph Lindsay Williams' grandchildren), but so far I have found little evidence to back it up.
Ralph Lindsay Williams was born 21 Aug 1815/1816 in Somerset, Pulaski Co., KY. His parents were Bayliss Williams, (a traveling Methodist minister who was probably born in the mid to late 1700's in Virginia), and Elizabeth Bowen (I have no additional info on her).
Ralph Lindsay Williams became a physician. He married Mary "Polly" Hume 16 Sep 1838/1839 in Shelbyville, Shelby Co., IL. They had six children that I am aware of; Elizabeth Ann "Lizzie" Williams (my G-G-Grandmother) - born 9 Jan 1853 in Williamsburg, Illinois; Amelia Williams; Antoinette Williams; Kate Williams; Solon Thacher Williams; and Frances Williams. Ralph Lindsay Williams died 19 Dec 1897 in Lawrence, Douglas Co., Kansas.
If anyone has any info on this family - especially on Bayliss Williams and his wife Elizabeth Bowen, I would love to hear from you. I have hit a brick wall here. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LAlread 1068534033000 
JSchwendler69 1502824864000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic