James H. Hood
Birth: unknown
Death: 1885
Co. E. 29 Ill. Inf
Burial:
Hood Grave Elk Township
Jackson County
Illinois, USA

I believe he is actually James Wesley Hood born around 1837-40 in Allen County, Kentucky. James Wesley Hood is listed in the Illinois Civil War Muster and Descriptive Rolls as -
Name: James W Hood
Company: E
Unit: 29th Illinois Infantry
Birth Date: Abt 1838
Birth Place: Allen CO, KY
Residence Place: Raleigh, Saline CO, IL
There is more information in the Muster and Descriptive Roll but not really needed here at the moment.

Saline County is where James Wesley married his wife Catherine Williams, 1 Jan 1869 . His last son was born in 1884. ALL of James Wesley's children are living in Jackson County in the 1900 US census.

In the 1870 US Census he is living with his wife Catherine in Du Quoin, Perry, Illinois - next door to my great grandparents, Joseph White and Emily Hood/White.

The person that posted the information in Find-a-Grave has not responded to any messages. I am looking for any more information, like maybe a location.
Just trying to find information saying yea or nay - if I'm looking in the right direction or not.

He is not the James Hood that was born before 1928. And I'm not exactly positive who this James Wesley's parents were. But I am working on it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dymend1958 1488290805000 
judyartley261... 1493238425000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic