Search for content in message boards

Look up please

Replies: 2

Re: Look up please

Posted: 1493776734000
Classification: Query
Christopher Newell was born in Littleport, Cambridgeshire England on March 25, 1821. Harriet Walker daughter of Robert Walker & Esther Taylor (whom are living next door in 1860 census to Christopher and his second wife Hannah and have Chris & Harriet's baby boy John living with them); Anyway Harriet was born on May 26, 1824 in Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England. Chris and Harriet married on May 29, 1844 in Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England. They had 3 daughters before they came to the USA aboard the ship "The New World" . Baby Harriet and Baby Kezia both died and were buried in Littleport. Daughter Eliza came with them to the USA. En-route to kankakee County, Illinois they had baby Esther in Ohio. I have been unable to find her exact birth place. Birth date is given as October 8, 1856 in Ohio. A baby boy named Julian was listed on the front of the tombstone that also bears his mother's name Harriet. It is my belief that Julian is the twin brother of John mentioned above, and was probably born April 26, 1858, I could be wrong though. Eliza met and married Col William W Martin and died in Cobb County, GA. Esther met and married George Kuhns and is buried in Mound Grove Cemetery in Kankakee County, Illinois.
My main research is centered on finding the death date and burial place of Christopher Newell. Also he married again after Hannah died in January 1881 to Mary Heath "Davis" Snow, widow of John Snow. I cannot find John, Mary or Christopher.
John grew up and married the daughter of John & Mary Snow, Emma Rachel Snow. They had several children which I have been able to trace all but the 3 who died as babies: Ernest, Earl, and Charles.
John & Emma were married on March 31, 1884 in Waldren, Kankakee County, Illinois. At some point they moved to Beaverville, Iroquois County, Illinois.
Their children's births are listed as follows:
William, January 18, 1885
Ira, February 23, 1886
Jeremiah, January 29, 1888
Omer Ray, April 22, 1892
Betty Eliza, March 19, 1896
Nettie, December 30, 1897
(1900 census states that Emma had 8 children born, but only 6 living. So Earl & Ernest were born before the 1900 census.)
Ida Mae, November 6, 1902
John, Emma and children moved to Lake Village, Indiana in 1904. I am assuming that Charles was born in 1901 or 1903 and died in Beaverville, Iroquois County, Illinois.
Grace Gertrude, May 17, 1906 in Lake Village, IN
William, Ira, Jeremiah, Omer, Betty, Nettie, Ida Mae and Grace are all buried in Lake Village, IN. There are no other tombstones for any other children of John & Emma in this cemetery. So I presume that they are buried in Iroquois County, Illinois.
As Christopher's first wife Harriet and son Julian, second wife Hannah and children Nettie and James are buried in the Beaver Cemetery I am presuming that Earl, Ernest and Charles are also buried there without a tombstone.
Cindy

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jmtce 1492127445000 
thomasker2 1492709825000 
jmtce 1493776734000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic