Search for content in message boards

Rachel Blaser (Blazer) Cahoe obit Watseka, Iroquois County, Illinois, 9 Novmeber 1930

Replies: 2

Rachel Blaser (Blazer) Cahoe obit Watseka, Iroquois County, Illinois, 9 Novmeber 1930

Erin Stone (View posts)
Posted: 942321600000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Blazer, Blaser, Cahoe, Nehs, Nece, Neas, Nease, Roy, Peters, Morrison
Rachel Blaser Cahoe

Funeral services were held at two o'clock yesterday afternoon at the late home for Mrs. Thomas Cahoe of West Watseka, who died at her home following a heart attack at 9 o'clock Sunday morning, Nov. 9.

Rachel Elizabeth Blaser, the daughter of John and Magdalene Nece Blaser, was born Feb. 22, 1856, near Knoxville, Tenn., where she spent her early life, later attending school in Knightstown, Boone County, Indiana.

It was there, near Lebanon, that she became the wife of Thomas Cahoe, who survives her, Sept 2, 1871.

She was the mother of ten children, four of whom are dead. Those surviving are: Mrs. Minnie Roy, Charles Frederick, Patsy Edward and Mrs. Pearl Peters of Watskea, Thomas of Kaukauna, Wis., and Mrs. Ruey Morrison, of Rosebud, Montana.

She also leaves a brother, Frank Blaser, of Kokomo, Ind. Two sisters preceded her in death.

More than a quarter century ago she became a member of the Christian church and the services yesterday were conducted by the Rev. D. R. Badders, pastor of that church. Interment was in Oak Hill cemetery.

The pall-bearers were Fred Cahoe, Pat Cahoe, Ernest Peters, Fred Peters, Earl Beaver, and Al Roy.

Note: This was taken from a clipping belonging to my grandmother. It was taken from a Watseka newspaper, but I do not know which one. Her name, Blaser, has also been spelled Blazer in some sources I have come across. Her mother's name Nece, has also been Nehs, Neas, Nease, and others. Her son, Patsy, has also been spelled Patsie. She was born in Greene County, Tennessee, not Knoxville.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Erin Stone 942321600000 
Erin Stone 942321600000 
Michelle Bear... 1489620071000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic