Search for content in message boards

Mortland

Replies: 2

Mortland

Posted: 1128385953000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1128386033000
Surnames: Mortland
My father was born in Hardin, IL. I have been working in St. Louis for 3 months and traveled to Hardin just to see what it is like. I found several Mortland stones in the cemetary in Hardin. Anyone interested in sharing information? My father was William Ulysis (I am pretty sure that is spelled wrong).
I found a large marker with William Mortland in the cemetary, and am sure this must be a relation. When my father passed he had a picture of a marker that had William U. Mortland, and I believe there was one for Wm I and one for Wm II. He was Wm III. There was also a Thomas Mortland, which I remember him speaking of, but am not sure this marker would be the same one. Also there was a Rose Mortland, which was I believe was his mothers name, but the date of death would not match his mother.

The large marker for William Mortland was newer than the date of death indicated and looked as if it was replaced. I have a story about Hardin that I would be willing to share. Also I would be interested in pictures. My father looked a lot like Abraham Lincoln. He moved to Seattle from Hardin when he was just 5 year old.

Anyone with any information???
Susan Mortland Bentley
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
suessun 1128385953000 
kenthaycock 1205648139000 
Kathy Adamski 1418837552000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic