Search for content in message boards

Seeking Mills Information

Replies: 0

Seeking Mills Information

Posted: 1436412367000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mills
I am compiling information on my mother's family, the Mills family. So far I have a fair amount of information about them, but I am looking for help in refining the effort. We are part of the Mills family descended from John Mills “The Shipwright” of Stamford, Connecticut. What I am looking for is as follows:

Additional information on Robert Mills (died 1647) of Kittery, York, Maine. He is currently believed to be the father of John Mills “The Shipwright” and the ancestor of John Mills of Groton, also a shipwright.

In that same vein, any information about Joseph Mills (died 1647) of Kittery, York, Maine. One source, and only the one, lists him as a brother of Robert. No other information has been forth coming as of yet.

The descendants of Joseph Mills (1740-1810). Born in Groton, died in Sable River, Nova Scotia. Married Amy Pierce. Also known as the “Guysborough Millses”. I have some information, but too many names without dates.

The descendants of Edward Mills (1781-1869). Born in Groton, died in Winnebago County, Illinois. He married Losina Stewart. Many of this branched settled in and around Towanda, Bradford County, Pennsylvania. I have information on this branch, but still trying to fill it in.

Eli Mills (1767-?), Son of John Mills and Jerusha Bradley of Fairfield. No death or child information known currently.

Descendants of John Mills (1777-1828). Son of John Mills and Jerusha Bradley, brother of above. He married Eunice Sherwood. Settled in Gallatin County, Illinois. Patriarch of the “Illinois Mills”.

Descendants of Ebenezer Mills (1766-1843). Son of Ebenezer Mills and Abigail (possibly Wakeman). Born in Fairfield, Connecticut. Married Lois Bates. Died in Delaware County, New York. Patriarch of the “Delaware Mills”. I have a fair amount of information about this branch, but the twentieth century gets dodgy.

John Mills (1746-1783?). Son of William Mills and Mary. Born in Stamford, Connecticut. Went to Canada after the war, was a Loyalist. Most likely on the ship “Two Sisters”. Landed in St. John's, New Brunswick. After that I lose all trace of him and his children.

Any other information about this Mills family is welcome, and I am willing to share what I have already. As part of this, I am also working on “Affiliated Families”, ones that are connected to the Mills family. I have some information on the Allens, Battersons, Barlows, all of Fairfield County, Connecticut.

Thank You

Find a board about a specific topic