Search for content in message boards

Reuben Shores

Replies: 0

Reuben Shores

Posted: 1435327710000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shores
The Reuben Shores who is on the 1860 census for Greene County Arkansas and is listed as being 14 living with John Shores is Reuben Shores born 1836 in Wayne County Illinois son of Reuben Shores born 1795 in Tennessee and brother to John Shores. His age of 14 was wrong, he was 24. This coming from when he signed up for the Conf. Army in Greene County Arkansas in 1862 his age was 26. He didn't stay in the Army long before he and his brother John join the Union Army at White County Illinois. He must have returned to Missouri after the war and lived with his wife a few years and had 2 more kids. By 1870 he is living in White County Illinois with his brother Levi and then in 1874 married Susan Graves and had Minnie and Frank Shores. Frank Shores was living in Equality Gallatin County Illinois and then Franklin County Illinois. These being the 2 counties where Reuben Shores daughter's family was living. (Francis Elizabeth Shores ) I have ordered Reuben Shores' pension papers to prove this. I will repost when I get them.

Reuben Shores married Mary Elizabeth Curtis in Mississippi Co. Mo. in 1862.

Find a board about a specific topic