Greetings to all fellow researchers:
For the past year, I've been studying and researching my paternal family background. I've been researching information on the Wilson's who lived in the area of Gibson City during the 1880s until about the 1920s. They were Swedish, in terms of their nationalities. I have two Wilson families in question that I have been investigating with the hope that someone may have information about them as I continue my research. If anyone else knows anything more about them, I would be grateful for your support. Here are my two queries:
These two Wilson's were brothers, I believe. I knew that my great-great grandfather Frank W. Wilson was a Swedish immigrant (born abt 1860) who arrived to the United States in the year 1880. He married a Swedish immigrant named Anna ? (born abt 1859) around the year 1883 or 1884 most likely in Gibson City. They gave birth to three children: Frank Wilson, who was my great-grandfather, born abt 1886 in Gibson City; August C Wilson, born in Gibson City on November 5, 1888; and Hilma S. Wilson, born on March 15, 1889. Before 1910, this family moved to Chicago, IL, as they were mentioned being present in Cook County in the 1910 Census. I am curious if anyone may happen to be familiar with this family and if they know anything about Frank W. Wilson's occupation or whereabouts in Gibson City. If any tax or property records can be found for him, I would love to read them.
The other family in question is possibly Frank W. Wilson's brother, a Wilson who I recently happened to discover in the 1900 Census within the Drummer Township in the Gibson City Area. His name is Alexander Wilson, born abt December 1856 in Sweden. I established this connection because of the same immigration year, 1880, and because his family was the only other group of Wilson's with Swedish heritage listed in the 1900 Census. Alexander married an immigrant from Denmark named Mary A., and she was born abt Aug 1863. They had at least 7 children born in Gibson City, and they are:
1) Fred Wilson, born in Feb 1886, I do not know where he went after the year 1900.
2) Minnie Wilson, born in June 1888, I do not know where she went either after the year 1900.
3) Willie or William Wilson, born in Nov 1890, I do not know what happened to him after 1900.
4) Edward E Wilson, born on July 8, 1893. He married an Alma L., who was born somewhere in Illinois in 1891. They lived for a few years up in Hettiger, North Dakota before he was drafted in World War I. After returning, they returned to Illinois and settled in Chicago sometime before 1930. He and his wife had two children named June A Wilson, born in North Dakota in 1917, and Shirley A Wilson, born in North Dakota in 1918.
5) Gertrude Wilson, born in July 1895. She was listed in the Census until 1910 in Gibson City. I do not know what happened to her afterwards.
6) Charles Wilson, born in November 1899. He was listed in the Census until 1910 in Gibson City. I do not know what happened to him afterwards.
7) Grace Wilson, born in the year 1903. She was listed in the 1910 Census in Gibson City. I do not know what happened to her afterwards.
If anyone has any information about these two families, I would definitely appreciate what I may learn from any of you. Thank you very much.