Search for content in message boards

James and Sarah Walker of Albion, IL

Replies: 3

Re: James and Sarah Walker of Albion, IL

Posted: 1418950077000
Classification: Query
The reason I am inquiring from this Board, is to attempt to connect with someone who may be better acquainted with the Walker lineage prior to the Albion locale. James and Sarah Walker's children and grandchildren intermarried with several prominent members of the Albion area including the Goulds (of the Mayflower line), the Flowers and the Birkbecks (the founders of Albion), and of the Woods, the Lamberts, the Fortneys, the Curtis's, and the Fewkes; all of whom may help lead me back in time to the origins of James Walker. The 1841 England Census indicates he was not born in the county in which he resided at that time, which was Warwickshire. There is also a possible LDS Baptism record from Illinois for a James Walker with a matching birthdate/deathdate, which indicates he was born in Staffordshire. It is possible he was illegitimate, as there is a christening record from Staffordshire which may be James, born out of wedlock to Mary. There is some question regarding the year of birth, be it either 1808 or 1814. The Walker Family Bible shows a mark through the date with 1808 overwriting the 1814, and then a further correction back to 1814. The LDS record reflects the 1808 birth year. Additionally, some of the information in notes I inherited from my great aunt, who visited England in pursuit of family history several years ago, indicate Seagrave may be the area of origin.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
swi35 1411086545000 
thomasker2 1418742991000 
swi35 1418937846000 
swi35 1418950077000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic