Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Samuel Bertrand Gordon and Golda Ethel Bricker - married 1908 Douglas Co, Illinois

Replies: 0

Descendants of Samuel Bertrand Gordon and Golda Ethel Bricker - married 1908 Douglas Co, Illinois

Posted: 1471036668000
Classification: Query
Good afternoon all,

For years I have been searching for anything about my biological grandmother. My mother was adopted at birth in 1931. I've known all my life she was adopted. From what I understood she was born in Piatt County. However, just a few weeks ago I learned she was born in Tuscola, Douglas County. Also, from a letter I just read by my late grandfather dated in the 1960's my mother's biological mother was Faire Elizabeth (Betty) Gordon born 1914, daughter of Samuel and Golda Gordon.

I would like to reach out to any living Gordon descendants, especially the older folks that were living in the '30's and '40's, to see what was known about this baby, who was my mother, and learn a little more about Betty before, during, and after 1931. Is there a story there that can help fill in some of the blanks as to "the who, what, where, and why's?"

Of course, this could come as a shock to some who may be related. It is not my intent to shock anyone. The adoption took place and I wouldn't be here if the timeline and circumstances didn't happen exactly the way they did. I want to learn more, fill in the gaps, and also see if there are similarities, and also if any predisposed medical issues exist that I may have to worry about later in life.

Thank you for reading this.

Regards,

Eric Johnson
Yorba Linda, CA

Find a board about a specific topic