Search for content in message boards

Seeking info on parents of Nora Agnes Mcsweeney/Sweeney Maloy Pomrenke

Replies: 1

Seeking info on parents of Nora Agnes Mcsweeney/Sweeney Maloy Pomrenke

Posted: 1472489896000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maloy, Malloy, Molloy, McSweeney, Sweeney, Pomrenke
Nora (my GM) was born 25 Feb 1887 Farmer City, DeWitt, IL to William Maloy (Molloy/Malloy) 1869-1925 and Ellen/Helen/Nellie Mcsweeney/Sweeney 1856-1925 per Nora's obituary.

Her siblings were Catherine Maloy Forehand, Nellie Maloy Smith, Barney J Maloy, Mary Maloy Lowe Wehner, Margaret Maloy Dehm, & Anna E Maloy Moos per census and obit information.

Nora's father William's death in the Illinois Death and Stillbirth Index lists his father as Barney Maloy and mother as Catherine Mcmoungle and says he was born in Ireland.

Illinois Death & Stillbirths Index lists the death of Ella Maloy, wife of William, maiden name Sweeney, born in Ireland.

The Illinois Marriage Index (DOM 12 Oct 1884) lists her as Nellie Sweeney, spouse name William Maloy.

On FamilySearch.org I found the Illinois Marriages Index 1815-1935 which shows William and Nellie Sweeny married 12 Oct 1884 in Clinton, De Witt, IL and lists their parents as Barney Malloy, Kitty Mcmungen, John Sweeney and Hannah Sweeney. This record contains GS film number but I have not looked at the film.

I found a notice of Letters of Administration in Probate Court for the estate of Ellen Maloy, requested by her daughter Anna Maloy Moos.

I am hoping to confirm William's parents are Barney and Catherine/Kitty and would love any other info known of them.

I am hoping to confirm Ellen/Nellie's parents are John and Hannah and any other info about them would be most helpful.

Thank you for reading this far!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kcjc11 1472489896000 
thomasker2 1472580685000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic