Search for content in message boards

A (or J) Jackson Burton

Replies: 3

A (or J) Jackson Burton

Posted: 1390929291000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burton, Buckley, Jenkins, Peck
I have found a puzzle in my tree. I have Edmund Buckley in Wales marrying a Sara(h) Mysie widow of "A Jackson Burton" of Chicago. On their marriage it says that Sarah's father was a rector called Evan Jenkins. Edmund's first wife (also called Sarah) had a cousin called Sarah whose father was a rector called Evan Jenkins. Too much of a coincidence surely! I haven't found anything on this Sarah Jenkins apart from her baptism as the name is so common in Wales so i'm really wondering if this is her. However the 1901 census throws a spanner in the works as the census states Edmund's wife is 8 years younger than Sarah Jenkins would be and that she was born in Auckland, New Zealand. So I'm trying to find who Edmund Buckley definitely married. I can find nothing on Sarah "Mysie" Burton so i was hoping someone might help me track down her first husband A Jackson Burton in the hopes i can get a proper surname for her at the time of their marriage. Some of the accounts give his first initial as J hence the Subject title.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wayne Farmer 1390929291000 
AmandaBoxall6... 1493215996000 
Wayne Farmer 1493285180000 
Michael Adams 1509001559000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic