Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Herman & Agnes (Loepker) THIEN

Replies: 11

Re: Descendants of Herman & Agnes (Loepker) THIEN

Posted: 1443982538000
Classification: Query
Tom King aka Boxmommy,

In your private e-mail to me you asked for my source(s) i.e. justification that Maria Helena THIEN was actually Maria Helena BEHNEN. In response, I provided you with several examples from the on-line St. Boniface church records (which you endorsed and told me to use) where her children were listed as the children of Gerhard Heinrich Dust and Maria Helena Behnen (2 marriage records of their daughters and one baptismal record of their son.) Surprisingly, you did not comment on why these records should be discounted.

You asked for proof - I provided it with links and even explained to you why Maria Helena and her brother were sometimes known as or referred to as Thien's instead of their original family name, Behnen.

Additionally, based upon research from the Meppen archives (the place that you have visited several times), Maria Helena Be[h]nen was born in Hebelermeer (parish of Wesuwe) as noted in the entry on the emslanders website: http://emslanders.com/beh.htm for which I provided the information.

Your claim is that Maria Helena Thien was from the parish of St. Bonifatius in Lingen based upon a letter from that church confirming her baptism and now held in the private files of St. Boniface in Germantown. So, I ask you for the same proof you asked of me: please provide Maria Helena Thien's birth and baptismal information from Lingen to prove your claim or theory. Or surely you can post a copy of that letter held in the private church archives in Germantown? I presume this baptismal extract noted the names of her parents - who was listed? Have you been able to further confirm your claim through additional documentation from St. Bonifatius in Lingen provided by the researchers in Meppen?

Tom - I look forward to reviewing your proof that Maria Helena was indeed born a Thien. While I could also list all the archives I have visited, etc., I would prefer to look at the actual proof or documentation in support of your claim. Until then, I am the only one here who has proven his claim based upon records I noted above from St. Boniface and the archives in Meppen.

Awaiting your proof and/or documentation.

Bob Behnen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
boxmommy 1443878959000 
rjbehnen 1443982538000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic