I am searching for JOHN SMITH, born in 1854-1855 in Somerset County, New Jersey to FRANCIS SMITH and ANNA NAHM. Last I was able to find him in the 1900,1910 and 1930 Census for Christian County, Illinois, shows the following:
John Smith married Bertha Ebert on 04 Jul 1888 in Christian County Illinois.
John Smith, Bertha Smith, 37y-Mar 1863; Clyde Smith, 7y-Dec 1893; and Elbur Smith, 1y-Aug 1898.
John Smith, 52y; Bertha Smith 46y; Clyde Smith 17y; and Albertressa Smith 11y.
John Smith, 75y and Bertha Smith, 64y still living in Taylorville, Christian County, Illinois. No sign of their two children.
I have not been able to find any information on this family after the 1930 Census. I do not know what happened to the children after the 1910 Census. Could not find any of the above in the 1920 Census. The last family reference to John Smith was in his father’s obituary in 1917. He was not mentioned in any of his other siblings’ obituaries.
The children of Francis Smith (1816-1884) and Anna Nahm (1817-1879) are as follows:
1. Frank A. Smith, born 18 Sep 1847, Germany, died 09 Jun 1917 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
2. John Smith, born 1855, Somerset County, New Jersey -
3. Anthony Smith, born 09 March 1856 Somerset County, New Jersey, died 28 Apr 1944 in Fountain Hill, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
4. Theresa B. Smith, born 15 Oct 1857 in Somerset County, New Jersey, died 28 Dec 1939 in Passaic County, New Jersey.
5. Charlotte B. Smith, born 26 Apr 1859 in Somerset County, New Jersey, died 29 Jan 1947 in Middlesex County, New Jersey.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sally A Hazen Smith
16 Sep 2016 @ 9:01 p.m.