Search for content in message boards

Katrine/Kathryn Lippert/Lippard/Leeper, born 29 Sept 1836, Illinois

Replies: 0

Katrine/Kathryn Lippert/Lippard/Leeper, born 29 Sept 1836, Illinois

Posted: 1466089635000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lippert, Lippard, Winegar, Bates
Greetings ..

I'm hoping someone can help me solve the mystery surrounding the life circumstances of the above named lady. She was a GG Grandmother.

I'm hoping to contact anyone having information about the Lippert family in and around Morgan County -- Meredosia -- Jacksonville - Cass County.

Kate was enumerated in the 1850 census for Morgan County (Meredosia). At the age of 14, she was living there -- without family.

Unfortunately, the census records provide no clue who her parents were, as she was found living within the household of a couple with the surname of Winegar. This may or may not be the actual spelling of the surname, as the original document is extremely hard to read. He was listed as a physician, and there were other adults within this same household. It appears to have been a boarding house.

Her heritage was German, and she stated that both of her parents were born in Germany. She spoke mostly German until her death in 1914.

Most of the clues I've followed lead me to Cass County, and the most likely candidates to be her parents are Herman Lippert and Catherine Bates. To date I haven't been able to prove this connection, however.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic