Search for content in message boards

"Uncle Barney from Cork, Ireland" is who Grandma Nora spoke of

Replies: 1

Looking for connection to Rodgers family from Mason County, IL. (LUCY A. RODGERS BARNETT)

Posted: 1383799276000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rodgers or Rogers, Barnett, Elmore, Finch
I would like to update my information. Nora M. Rodgers Morgan was the daughter of John and Biddy (Elmore) Rodgers. Her paternal grandparents were Bernard(born in Ireland) and Elizabeth Finch. They were married on 11-08-1838 in Cass County, IL. Elizabeth and her son, William, died in 1873 and are buried next to one another in Big Grove Cemetery, Mason County, IL. Nora's maternal grandfather, John Elmore, made a petition to become her legal guardian in August of 1874. It is said on that document that Nora has no living father or relative living in the state of Illinois. So Nora lost a brother, parents, grandmother and uncle between 1870-1874. The only persons that may have survived from my Ro(d)ers family line beyond those dates are: Nora M. Rodgers, her paternal aunt Lucy A. Rodgers Barnett and possibly William Rodgers children. I have a few photos of Nora and would love to know where she gets her dark complexion and unique look; large eyes and full lips. Does she look like the Rodgers or the Finches? I have seen some pictures of Nora's maternal Aunt, Sarah Elmore Herwig and her family. My Nora looks nothing like them. I was hoping someone connected with Lucy Rodgers Barnett would know more about her lineage or have some photos.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sweet16bu 1341719580000 
Stephanie McK... 1383799276000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic