Search for content in message boards

Marriage record index 1910-1928

Replies: 1

Re: Marriage record index 1910-1928

Posted: 1441761074000
Classification: Query
Marianne,

Just saw this. My grandmother Valley Dorene was the daughter of Gracie Hedges and her sister's husband, born out of wedlock as was her brother Rennie. Gracie married James Albert Nave in 1903 in Christian Co, IL, & they had two children, George Elmo and Dorothy Irene. They divorced when she "took up" with his younger brother Isaac Monroe "Issie" Nave. Gracie and Issie married in Clayton, St Louis, MO in 1913, and they had 4 children, Willard Monroe, Willis Elmo, Robert, and Helen Eilene. Gracie died in 1928, I haven't found when Albert died, and Issie died in 1960. My Grandmother and her brother were "adopted" by Albert, from what I understand, a good man, and they used his last name for the rest of their lives. They both thought of him as their father. When Gracie married Issie, he didn't want her two illegitimate children in his house, and he insisted the 10 and 12 year old children leave his house. They lived with and worked for various farm families for 5 years until my grandmother met and married my grandfather. Her brother lived with them until he joined the Army in 1920. He moved to the Chicago area after that, and he was murdered by a "friend" in 1933 at the age of 30. My grandmother mourned for her brother Rennie the rest of her life. She refused to speak of her childhood, but she loved all her half-brothers and half-sisters. After my grandmother's death, my mother visited her Aunt Helen in Oregon and learned of the plight of my grandmother's early life. How sad.

If you'll tell me how you're related to James Albert and Monroe Isaac Nave, I'll give you access to my Ancestry Tree. I have all of this documented with many sources, and I'm happy to share.

My best, Rita Volpe
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MarianneNave3... 1182308209000 
vojo36 1441761074000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic